Introducing the Cupboard-find Way
Hi,
I've been toying with the idea of starting a food blog for a while now and I've finally decided to bite the bullet. I've been cooking and baking professionally for over twenty years so I have plenty of experience in the kitchen. However, I've struggled to pin down my style or establish what my identity might be.
Along the way I've considered a few different angles; maybe baking, cake decorating or budget friendly family meals but nothing seemed quite right. Then realisation dawned and the idea was born. The term Cupboard-find was coined by my family to describe the haphazard and random approach we had to making a curry. Measurements and a recipe were out the window and instead we threw in a bunch of ingredients we already had in our kitchen cupboards. Regardless of this, it always seemed to taste good (although never the same twice) and so the moniker stuck. I discovered that this was my natural style of cooking and I always enjoyed the ever evolving journey of our favourite family dishes.
My aim with this blog is to hopefully provide the foundations of a recipe which can be customised and experimented with. In a world of modern convenience it's tempting to reach for a takeaway or a ready meal, but there is another way (which will hopefully help to save money along the way too).
Although, having said all this, please do be gentle with me as I'm really new to all of this, and remember, the Cupboard-find ethos always comes with a generous pinch of 'winging it' thrown into the mix.

Comments
Post a Comment