Air fryer Granola

I've decided to kick things off with breakfast!

My go to breakfast is greek yoghurt with granola and berries and like many I used to buy it ready made on our weekly shop. Inevitably as prices rose, I began to wonder how difficult it would be to recreate at home. With some experimentation and a few tweaks I hit upon a recipe I was happy with. 

The recipe itself can be altered to fit the ingredients you have at home, although obviously there are some non negotiables. 

Oats; it goes without saying!! Good quality jumbo porridge oats are my choice, but any porridge oats will do. 

Something sweet; I use a combination of honey and brown sugar but maple or golden syrup would also work well. 

Oil; another combination of butter and peanut butter for flavour and sunflower oil to help create a golden colour on the oats 

Nuts and seeds; this is where you can throw caution to the wind and choose whichever nuts and seeds you enjoy. I always have walnuts, brazils, pecans, pistachios and sunflower seeds in my pantry, but the options are endless. 


500g Porridge oats
175g mixed nuts and seeds
25g peanut butter mixed with 20ml boiling water 
50g honey
25g brown sugar
75g salted butter
50ml sunflower oil

1. Put the oats into a large mixing bowl. 
2. Roughly chop the nuts and mix into the oats
3. Melt the butter and honey together then add the sunflower oil and peanut butter. 
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the oats and nuts and pour the whole thing into the basket of your air fryer (it's worth mentioning that this can easily be cooked in the oven too on a lined baking tray.)
5. Cook at 160 degrees celsius for 10 minutes, stir and repeat for a further 5 to 10 minutes until crispy and golden. 
6. Leave to cool completely then decant into a lidded plastic container. 



The finished granola will keep for at least 3 weeks, although I'm not sure exactly how long as it always gets eaten pretty quickly in my house. Enjoy with greek yoghurt and fresh or frozen fruit. 


 






Comments

Popular Posts